Getting to high places can be difficult in many work environments. Sometimes a ladder is all you need. But in some situations, you will have to use other equipment to do jobs that require you to be elevated while you work. Whether you’re on a construction site, inside a warehouse or performing a maintenance job “up high”, scissor lifts can help you to reach high places when a ladder just isn’t enough.
REALTIME’s course on “Scissor Lifts in Industrial and Construction Environments” has been designed to meet OSHA’s training requirements in their “Mobile Elevated Work Platforms” (MEWPs) standard. It discusses the hazards associated with scissor lifts, the types of inspections that should be made before using a lift, the proper way to set up and operate a scissor lift and how to work safely on the ground near a lift.
Topics covered in the course include:
- OSHA and ANSI Standards for Using MEWPs
- Creating a “Safe Use Program” for Scissor Lifts
- Training Requirements for Operators and Occupants of Lifts
- Identifying and Avoiding Hazards Associated with Scissor Lifts
- “Equipment” and “Worksite” Inspections
- How to Operate a Scissor Lift Safely
- How to Safely Work on the Ground Near a Lift
- …and more.
Like all REALTIME courses, “Scissor Lifts in Industrial and Construction Environments” uses a powerful combination of full-motion, high-definition video filmed in real world locations, along with audio, text, and colorful graphics to provide the most cost-effective training available today.
*Available in Spanish (VCS13172_SP)