Silica dust can cause serious, even fatal, health problems for anyone who inhales it. And more than two million workers are exposed to this substance on the job every year. OSHA’s Silica Safety Rule has established rigorous standards to protect them.
REALTIME’s training products on “Silica Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments” explain the hazards that are associated with silica dust, review the OSHA standards for industry and construction, and show employees what they can do to protect themselves from silica dust on the job.
All of the products… our original DVDs and full-length online courses as well as the new “Micro-Learning” and “Adaptive Learning” courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The hazards of respirable crystalline silica.
- OSHA’s Silica Safety Standards.
- Exposure to silica dust in the workplace.
- A silica dust exposure control plan.
- Control systems, safe work practices and PPE.
- Medical surveillance and recordkeeping.
- and more.
*Available in Spanish (VCS18314_SP)