Whether we’re standing, walking or climbing, we depend on the surfaces we walk upon to provide the support we need to position ourselves properly, use our muscles efficiently, keep our balance… and do our work safely. Yet slips, trips and falls continue to make up 20% of disabling occupational injuries, and thousands of fatalities every year. Fortunately, most of these accidents can be prevented.
MARCOM’s course on “Walking and Working Surfaces” discusses the hazards that are associated with different walking surfaces that employees can encounter on the job, and provides practical information that they need to protect themselves from harm.
Topics covered in each course include:
- Hazards associated with different walking and working surfaces
- How to stay safe when navigating floors and walkways
- Safety requirements for stairways and fixed ladders
- Properly inspecting and setting up a portable ladder
- Types of fall protection that are used on a scaffold
- …and more.
*Available in Spanish (VCS16242_SP)